- Stainless Steel and Acetal Quick Couplings
- Parker PF Series Thermoplastic Couplings
- Parker Spectrum Series Thermoplastic Nipple
- Parker's thermoplastic quick couplers and nipples are ideal for use across a broad range of low pressure applications where fluid or gas lines require fast and easy connection and disconnection.S6-ACV-06-FPSpecial Price $58.71 Regular Price $117.42
- Parker's thermoplastic quick couplers and nipples are ideal for use across a broad range of low pressure applications where fluid or gas lines require fast and easy connection and disconnection.S6-ACV-04-HBSpecial Price $67.70 Regular Price $135.40
- Parker Spectrum series thermoplastic nipple, unvalved with female pipe threadS6-ANS-06-FPSpecial Price $13.34 Regular Price $26.68
- Parker Spectrum series thermoplastic nipple, unvalved with hose barbS6-ANS-04-HBSpecial Price $11.41 Regular Price $22.83
What are thermoplastic couplings?
Thermoplastic couplings are a type of engineered system used to connect two components. They provide a reliable and cost-effective solution for applications requiring low to moderate pressure. They’re designed for motion and control, filtration, and automation applications. Note that for higher pressure requirements, high-pressure quick-release couplings are ideal.
What are the main components of thermoplastic couplings?
Thermoplastic couplings have two main components: an inner sleeve or hub that fits over one component and an outer sleeve or shell that fits over the other. The inner sleeve is usually composed of a strong material like nylon or polypropylene, while the outer covering can be made from more flexible materials like rubber or silicone. This combination creates a secure connection between both components without compromising either one’s performance characteristics.
What are the advantages of thermoplastic couplings?
Thermoplastic couplings offer improved dampening of vibrations, decreased sound levels, enhanced sealing thanks to their malleability, augmented torque due to their stiffness, and better wear resistance than metal-based alternatives. They can also be easily disassembled for maintenance purposes without damaging either component.
How do thermoplastic couplings work?
Thermoplastic couplings create friction between both parts when they are connected, thus allowing them to stay securely fastened even under extreme conditions such as high pressure or temperature fluctuations. This frictional force also helps reduce vibrations caused by movement, which can lead to accelerated wear on both components if not adequately managed with the appropriate coupling technology.